At this point it was all in the hands of our youth. Once we got our SD card set-up we directly connected the Galileo to the Lilian Marrero Library’s network via Ethernet as our WiFi has a tricky sign-in gateway. Once it showed up on Wyliodrin as online we set off creating the physical part of our project. The idea to add LEDs to a sign had come from our painting of a makerspace sign the week prior and a similar project done at the Cecil B. Moore library makerspace.
CBM used copper tape and coin-cell batteries to light up their sign each day.
With our sign built and dry our makers Arreny and Marc started tinkering with Wyliodrin.